Do you have a passion for serving the Frederick community? Do you have successful fundraising experience? Are you ready to be a part of growing organization with great momentum and positive energy?
techfrederick has established a position of marketplace leadership focused on enhancing Frederick’s vibrant high-tech community through a combination of community development events, and focused support services. These services include entrepreneurial engagement and peer-to-peer connections, as well as the establishment and development of diverse talent pipelines for our local members. techfrederick is having an impact and demand is increasing. For that reason, we are looking for a passionate Executive Director to lead this growing organization to its next level of impact and reach.
Reporting directly to the Executive Board, and collaborating with the organization’s Advisory Board, the Executive Director will be responsible for the organization’s strategy, financial budget, and operations. This self-motivated leader should have experience with fundraising, as well as establishing and maintaining strong community relationships. Of utmost importance, this person must be passionate about the local Frederick community we serve and be driven to lead this tech-centric organization to its next level of impact and service.
Objectives for this Role
- Work closely with the Executive Board and Advisory Board to establish and effectively implement organization policies, strategies and initiatives.
- Develop and implement ongoing fundraising plans for organization
- Represent the organization as the forward face and main point of contact
- Manage and coordinate staff, volunteers, and vendors to ensure successful execution of all techfrederick events.
- Oversee all daily operations, providing direction to staff.
- Create annual budget and manage monthly budget.
- Hands-on engagement for various organizational objectives (i.e., be a “manage from the front” leader)
- Work closely with Executive Board to establish organizational policies and strategies
- Collaborate with the Advisory Board and committees to ensure initiatives are effectively implemented and mission-focused
- Manage and execute all aspects of techfrederick Networking Events
- Manage and execute all aspects of Annual techfrederick Games
- Serve as techfrederick’s primary point of contact and forward face to the general public.
- Responsible for fundraising and finding other sources of revenue to fund techfrederick’s mission, i.e., growing grants through effective grant writing and reporting, soliciting corporate and community donations, expanding corporate and individual memberships/dues, event fees, etc.
- Expand Corporate and Individual Memberships
- Management of techfrederick’s Diversity Task Force and initiatives
- Establish and maintain community partnerships and relationships
- Supervise, collaborate with General Operations and “ASPIRE” Program staff
- Website Management (Job postings, press releases, events/products)
- Oversee monthly Advisory Board and quarterly Executive Board Meetings
- Social Media Management
- Leadership experience in the non-profit sector
- Proven leadership skills, operational excellence, and fundraising success
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with a desire to be the public face for an organization
- Solid connections within the local Frederick community
***Please submit resume to email@example.com***