Upgrade your occupational skills and increase your employability with industry-leading training!
Improve your ability to get a promotion, develop your career, and complete for positions in growing technology fields.
The ASPIRE Training Program serves anyone within the community who is unemployed or underemployed due to outdated skillsets, or currently employed and looking to enhance their skill set within the tech arena. If you are actively searching for a position or specific training within IT networking, website development, systems administration, website application, and are seeking to improve your professional communication and project management skills, this training is for you!
The ASPIRE Training Program offers customized training focused on critical occupations and skill shortages identified by people in the tech community through the Maryland Department of Labor EARN Grant.
How does the Aspire Training Program work?
1. techfrederick secures funding. Community partnerships and grants pay for most of the training expenses. Our largest grant is provided by the State of Maryland’s Department of Labor and is called the EARN grant (Employment Advancement Right Now). This grant is regional in focus and is provided to us to help cultivate a skilled tech workforce in the Frederick area. We use these funds to offset the high investment of top-notch training, so even smaller businesses and individuals can afford amazing classes.
2. You apply for a class, providing career-related data for the reports. The MD Dept. of Labor requires us to track, aggregate, and report certain metrics, including a salary range, job title, county of residence, etc. Once you enter our system, all personally identifiable data is “rolled up” inside a unique participant ID.
Individual participant names and data are never shared and your information is CONFIDENTIAL. All class information is bundled and provided to The Department of Labor each quarter.
We ask these questions before confirming your seat to:
- verify you are part of the regional area which we are bound to support (#moretechinFrederick)
- be sure the class matches your background and prerequisites are met
- track the success of the training and prove we are utilizing funds appropriately
3. techfrederick reports back to the fund sources. You will be periodically asked to complete a follow-up survey to see how the training has helped you. As we help upskill our local workforce, fill skills gaps and make attendees more competitive in their field, we capture these successes. This becomes part of the body of proof we use to obtain new funds for the next season of training.
Additional questions? Please contact ASPIRE training coordinator, Brooke Warburton email@example.com
Leading SAFe® – Foundational Leadership Course+ 1 Exam Seat for SAFe® Agilist certification
November 15 – 18, 2021
8am-12pm each day
*CLASS IS FULL*
Next level SQL / Intermediate to Advanced SQL Programming
December 14 & 15, 2021
9am -4pm each day
$1000 through grant support, techfrederick is able to offer this class for $70 to techfrederick members, $90 to non-members
Apply to register HERE
PROUD PARTNER OF