- This event has passed.
2020 Virtual Hackathon
Jun 12, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - Jun 26, 2020 @ 6:00 pm EDT$10
We’re organizing a hackathon to help non-profits in the Frederick community, and we want you to be a part of it! Due to the chaos caused by COVID-19, and since the internet appears to be holding up for now, we’re doing this virtually. There will be t-shirts!!! Event registration is $10 if you register before June 1st, then it will raise to $20 until the event kicks off, so please register ASAP!
The competition is to build an application (web) for a non-profit that will help them immensely by streamlining one or more processes we’ve helped translate into business requirements.
All experience levels are welcome! We will work with participants to the best of our abilities to help build teams with complementary skill levels and tech stacks. There will be ample opportunity to learn and probably teach as well!
The event will kickoff Friday, June 12th ~6pm and run for two weeks. Even if you spend one hour per day M-F each week, you will be contributing in a very meaningful way! Organizers will be in touch with participants to coordinate an alternate start time.
At our kickoff event, projects and non-profits will be revealed, and your team will choose a project. We’d like to have multiple submissions for each of our wonderful, Frederick-based non-profits, so your team may be asked to reconsider the specific project you’ve chosen.
Participants will be asked for the following:
- Active participation!
- Whether they would like to register as a team captain
- Whether they already have a complete team
- Understanding that coordinating schedules is tough, and your teammates will do their best to make meetings, etc.
- Understanding that we’re doing this for good causes! Code and software artifacts should become the intellectual property of the respective non-profit, should they choose your submission as the winner
- Their t-shirt size–the reward for active participation!!!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org!
– The techfrederick Hackathon team!