techfrederick Download – March 2020
“Stay safe, stay focused, stay ready. We will come out of this together, and we will come out of this stronger.”
– Vaughn Thurman, techfrederick Board member CEO & Founder, HighGear
As we navigate these unprecedented times of “social distancing”, remote business and economic impact, we believe strongly in the power of community and shared responsibility. Here’s how some of our techfrederick business leaders are successfully managing the waters…
“At Henry Martin Law, in addition to offering virtual meetings to our clients to comply with social distancing efforts, we also see ourselves as partners in our clients’ businesses. We want to do whatever we can to support those businesses during this difficult time. We are looking for additional ways to help our winery, brewery, and distillery clients as well as our food and entertainment service clients during this very stressful time as well.”- Henry Abromson, Henry Martin Law
“Orases has moved to 100% virtual working. We are sending daily emails to team – over communicate! We are holding weekly “all hands” video meet ups. Most importantly, we keep to our values and NEVER market or sell to the fear.” – Nick Damoulakis, CEO Orases
“We have the technology to remote work with minimal business interruption. Given that, it makes prudent sense to do all we can to minimize the risk to the wider community, especially those who are vulnerable,” – Karl Hindle, CEO Wellspring Digital
Did you know…
In a Webinar this morning, Leadership from the Departments of Health, Labor, Commerce, and the Maryland Emergency Management Administration (MEMA) shared the following resources and key points:
- A specific website has been created for private businesses to visit for anything and everything answered, including specific
information on specific groups (places of faith, large group gatherings, etc) so as things progress it will be a place to get the latest protocols on what is/isn’t recommended in Maryland.
- ANY MD State Licenses will extend +30 days after emergency is lifted and remain valid during that period
- For environmental cleaning of your offices: EPA list of disinfectants registered for use against COVID-19 HERE
- Kelly Shultz, Secretary of the Maryland Department of Commerce, shared that there is an SBA Emergency Loan on the Governor’s desk pending signature (right now only in MoCo and PG)- any questions/pressing needs email: email@example.com
A Member Wants to Know…
What is your organization doing for healthcare?
Please take 30 seconds to click below and fill out this short poll to share your organization’s major medical carrier experiences.
**Each newsletter we will be posting a techfrederick member’s question to the community. If you have a question you’d love to ask the community, please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please stay tuned for date changes as we monitor gathering size guidance
Project Management 101 *
Developing on AWS *
Sales & Marketing Happy Hour and Speaker Series…
May 13th, 2020 *
5PM – 7PM
Speakers: Andy Lewis and Vaughn Thurman
Topic: Efficiently Utilizing Technology & Processes to Sell Remotely-Globally
Quarterly Networking Breakfast
April 30th, 2020 *
8AM – 9:30AM
Location: Delaplaine Center for the Arts
Let’s be partners!
Join this exciting team of tech companies working together to develop, highlight, support and strengthen our Frederick tech community. #moretechinfrederick