Business Development Specialist
A2LA is a non-profit, public service membership organization offering compliance and accreditation services to organizations all over the world. A2LA is dedicated to formally recognizing testing, calibration and other laboratories and related organizations for their quality and technical competency with a variety of international standards (ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 15189, etc.).
Whether it is the clean air that you breathe, the water you drink or the vehicle you drive, A2LA helps make the world a better, safer place by working to ensure that organizations are releasing products and services that are meeting testing and quality standards. Detailed information about our services can be found on our website at https://www.a2la.org/about.
A2LA is seeking a motivated professional to develop sales strategies designed to demonstrate the features of our offerings to achieve increased sales and awareness of A2LA’s products and services. This is an exceptional opportunity to grow within a global non-profit organization as a Business Development Specialist. This role reports directly to the Director of Business Development.
You’re a client-focused problem solver who is driven by results. You are a big picture thinker and passionate about sales and growing business awareness. You have proven excellent communication skills and have the capacity to learn technical content. You have a clear understanding of both short and long sales cycles, and you have a drive to always try and shorten a long sales cycle through relationship building, customer service, and ongoing discovery. You work well collaboratively and can adapt quickly to new programs.
- Become an expert in all applicable A2LA business offerings (e.g. accreditation services, membership, and the annual conference).
- Responsible for preparing (in conjunction with other departments), sending, tracking, monitoring, and following up on estimates and quotes.
- Generate and cultivate leads through, but not limited to, phone calls, virtual meeting platforms, emails, mailings, and tradeshows.
- Receive all sales calls coming into A2LA and facilitate input and further correspondence with other staff, as needed.
- Research prospective industries, customers, and competitors.
- Represent A2LA at tradeshows, technical meetings, and client sites (25-40% travel).
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop growth opportunities.
- Build a customer and stakeholder network in person, via phone, circle of influence, referrals, and networking events.
- Maintain and report on sales metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Client/Customer focus.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Results Driven.
- Organizational Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or business-related field (business discipline preferred)
- Three to five years of experience in sales, specifically B2B
- Proven experience in deliverables on sales goals and metrics
- Independent, self-motivated.
- Excellent cold-calling skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and eagerness to learn new programs.
- Proficient use of CRM and Salesforce, experience as a Salesforce Administrator a plus.
- Experience serving as organizational representative at tradeshows and conferences.
- Experience with budget development.
Benefits and Compensation
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. In addition, A2LA offers a robust 403(b) retirement plan and benefits package including medical, dental, HSA, FSA (medical and dependent), life insurance, short- and long-term disability, employee assistance program (EAP), AFLAC, tuition reimbursement and other pre-taxed benefits, paid-time off, 10 paid government holidays, 1 floating holidays, training and development, career advancement opportunities and much more!
Working Environment & Physical Requirements
The physical demands and work environment described here reflect those of a person, in this position, will typically encounter.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, bend, crouch and lift up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: Work is typically performed in an office setting. Hours are flexible, but they should normally encompass at least the core hours of 9:00AM to 3:00PM, total at least forty (40) hours for each work week, and suit the needs of various training clients, where appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A2LA is an equal opportunity employer. A2LA does not discriminate in employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other federally protected classification.
Military/Military Spouse Personnel are encouraged to apply.